Protection of Family Links Field Officer 2 – 831314
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral, and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. The ICRC is mandated to work in countries affected by armed conflict or other situations of violence. The ICRC is present in over 100 countries and has some 20,000 staff. In 2014, the ICRC expanded its presence in Ukraine. We have over 900 staff working across the county in various professional fields.
About the job
The ICRC Protection Unit is looking for several Protection of Family Links Field Officers across Ukraine for various locations such as Kyiv, Dnipro, Lviv, and Odesa. In close cooperation with the Protection team in Ukraine, the Protection of Family Links (PFL) Field Officer will mainly be responsible for supporting the implementation and monitoring of the ICRC PFL activities in a given Area of Responsibility (AoR). Specifically, s/he receives and processes tracing inquiries from families of missing persons, collects tracing requests, undertakes tracing activities to search for missing persons, and ensures proper follow-up of the missing cases and family enquirers under his/her responsibility.
Start date: As soon as possible
This is a recruitment for PFL Field Officers 2 positions for multiple locations in Ukraine. Applications will be processed upon submission. Successful candidates will be placed on the roster and may be contacted for further assessment and interviewing based on organizational needs. The application will remain valid for 12 months.
Your Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develops and maintains contacts with families of missing/captured persons and other enquirers, understands their unique situation, needs, and requests, and responds accordingly
- Has an in-depth knowledge of the missing caseload, analyses cases, and proposes appropriate follow-up action
- Contributes to all data being duly and timely entered
- Carries out timely calls to families of missing/captured
- Provides advice and support to other protection team members on compliance with internal missing cases procedures.
- Assess and propose alternative solutions/updates to improve the existing procedures
- Organizes and carries out awareness-raising sessions with families of missing/captured and authorities to disseminate ICRC actions
- Contributes to maintaining synergies with URCS, including involvement in outreach activities with families of missing and engagement with authorities (dissemination sessions, etc.)
- Ensures synergies with other operational departments, including internal referrals
- Identifies needs of families and maps and assesses relevant external services available to families of missing/captured
- Supports gatherings of families and, together with Protection colleagues, maintains regular contact with family associations
What we offer you
- Employment contract according to Ukrainian labor law
- Flexible working arrangements
- Annual paid 20 working days' vacation
- Competitive salary based on your qualifications and experience between UAH 50,000 and UAH 70,000
- Medical insurance for employees and family
- ICRC Institutional training
- Individual development covered by ICRC
- Foreign language courses
- Convenient office location in the city center
To be successful as a PFL Field Officer 2 in the Protection Unit, you should possess the following qualifications and experiences and have the following characteristics:
- Ukrainian citizenship or permanent residence permit in Ukraine
- University degree or relevant professional experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in the field of social, political, or economic sciences or similar
- Experience with the ICRC or another humanitarian or international organization as an asset
- Good command (written and spoken) of English, Ukrainian, and Russian
- Computer literacy
- Self-motivated with a strong commitment to teamwork and humanitarian principles
- Flexible, enthusiastic, and willing to learn
- Ability to work independently, as well as effectively under supervision
- Confidence in managing projects and staff
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work within a diverse team and establish and maintain good working relations in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural, and multi-disciplinary environment
Interested? Yes? Then apply.
Please submit your CV in English, along with your motivation letter and salary expectations, to the attention of the ICRC People and Culture Team. Please label your CV with your first and last names (First Name LAST NAME).
Please indicate in your CV and motivation letter which locations you would like to be considered for. Kyiv, Dnipro, Lviv, and Odesa. You can indicate several.
In addition, please complete the compulsory ICRC questionnaire. The questionnaire is available through the following link: https://forms.office.com/e/APw3dvQMHJ.
(Click on the link or copy the link into your internet browser.)
Your application will be considered only once you have completed the ICRC questionnaire and uploaded your CV in English.
Application deadline: Please apply at your earliest convenience. Applications will be processed upon submission.
Only candidates meeting the abovementioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interviews. No inquiries by phone, please. Due to the urgency of the position, the ICRC reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
ICRC is Equal Opportunity Employer giving the highest priority to staff safety and security.
Qualified female and male candidates are encouraged to apply for the position.
For more information, visit the website: http://www.icrc.org/
International Committee of the Red Cross Перевірена
Join the ICRC. Visit us on http://www.icrc.org/
більше 500 співробітників
з 1863 року на ринку
- Курси іноземної мови
- Офіс у центрі
- Медичне страхування
- Регулярний перегляд зарплати
- Офіційне працевлаштування згідно КЗпП України