Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is currently looking for three Logistics and Procurement assistant to support its projects implemented in Ukraine.
Organization: Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH), Warsaw based international non-governmental organization with representation office in Ukraine
Position: Logistics and Procurement assistant
Location: One vacant for each of the following locations:
Mykolaiv with visits to project locations
Job terms: full-time
Duration: 3 months with a possibility of extension depending on the availability of funds and results of performance
Starting date: asap
Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is an international non-governmental organization which since 1992 has been providing humanitarian and development help worldwide. So far, the interventions have been carried out in 46 different countries. By possessing long-standing expertise in the implementation of projects in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Food Security and Livelihoods, as well as Nutrition and Education, PAH concentrates its global activities on ensuring sustainable and stable development of regions suffering from the consequences of armed conflicts, natural disasters and other humanitarian crises.
PAH has been present in Ukraine since 2015 delivering humanitarian aid to the most vulnerable of the conflict-affected population. PAH provides assistance to internally displaced people, elderly and single mothers, working in the sectors of food security protection and livelihoods. PAH Ukraine is currently expanding programming from humanitarian to both early recovery and development-oriented interventions that provide sustainable livelihoods opportunities to the affected population.
For more information, please refer to www.pah.org.pl
Procurement- 30 %
Ensure the implementation of procurement processes:
- Receiving, recording, and tracking of Purchase Requisitions Form (PRF): receiving incoming PRF, verifying that required signatures/authorizations are present, date, stamp them and record them in the requisition register, allocating a number to each in terms date, month and serially as they occur.
- RFQs/RFP and Bid Analysis: assist the Head of Department in tendering activities and participation in tender committees, prepare Checklists and Quotation Analysis Summaries during the Bid Analysis Committee meetings when quotations opened, analysed and supplier selected. Analyse quotation /Bids and pass these on to the Head of Department, coordinate technical evaluation or advice before orders are placed or presented to the procurement committee.
- Preparation and dispatch of orders: Prepare Purchase Orders/Contracts/Framework Agreement, enter them into the Procurement Tracker and present them to the Head of Department for verification and ultimate departmental approval. Under supervision of the HoD Prepare Purchase Orders/Contracts and send them to vendors for acceptance. Follow up the deliveries as per supplier’s delivery schedules and track deliveries in Delivery Tracking Matrix.
- Expediting: manage samples provided by the suppliers, liaise with receiving warehouses/offices about the receipts of goods and maintain proper tracking of all deliveries. Assist in the preparation of the weekly procurement reports.
- Payments: prepare and maintain Procurement Files required as per the compliance for payments of goods/services.
Warehouse and Inventory Management- 30 %
- Ensure that PAH minimum standards of logistics procedures and country policies are implemented and adhered in the area of warehouse management
- Provide support to HOD on areas relating to budgets, technical aspects of the programme, and implementation mechanisms as required
- Manage warehouse following PAH standard procedure in a systematic way
- Manage receiving incoming material and put on warehouse as per PAH standard procedure and dispatch material in various location as per the requirement
- Coordinate with fleet officer and transport company for arrangement of trucks for timely delivery of materials.
- Acquire and manage warehouse, trucks, pick-up and prepare agreement and make payment as per the agreement.
- Prepare warehouse and inventory reports
Asset Management – 20 %
- Recording of PAH assets in the Assets Register
- Prepare proper handover documents for any assets assigned to Staff member
- Take a periodic physical verification
- Report any missing and damages and investigate as required
Reporting and Documentations- 20 %
- Data collection, primary report reviews and consolidation of Procurement Tracker of field and submission of the report on a monthly basis.
- Create, summarize and compile weekly, monthly, quarterly Logistics report and analyze the data with key findings
Other: The above- mentioned responsibilities are not exhaustive of what could be required, additional tasks can be assigned according to projects’ needs.
Minimum 0,5 years of work experience in Procurement and Supply Chain(work experience in humanitarian setting highly desirable)
University Graduate in in Business Studies/Logistics/Supply Chain Management or equivalent. In addition person with Diploma/Certification in Supply Chain Management is an asset
Able to communicate (both writing and speaking) in English and Ukrainian
What PAH offers:
- Work experience with a professional and flexible international NGO, which is one of the largest NGOs in Central-Eastern Europe;
- Work in a dynamic and motivated team;
- Possibility for professional development.
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send us the following documents:
Short resume (max. 2 pages) to be submitted in English language, including relevant information on your education and work experience indicating your salary expectation in USD and availability to start cooperation with PAH.