Эта вакансия уже завершена
Спеціаліст зі звітності та комунікацій SC8 / Reporting and Communication Officer SC8
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
What will you do in this position?
To implement the communications plan by supporting and delivering a range of communications activities, providing research and analysis, and prioritising effectively. Additionally support all Operational Information Management and Performance Reporting (OIM & PR) activities and contribute to the establishment and presentation of standard operating picture of WFP programme portfolio and associated results that facilitate informed and timely decision-making at all levels throughout the organisation within Dnipro AoR .
Why work with us?
The war in Ukraine has left an estimated one in three families without enough food, rising to one in two in some areas of the East and South. More than 6 million Ukrainians have been internally displaced and more than 6 million have left the country. Many of those who remain have lost their livelihoods, especially in areas close to the front lines. Millions who fled their homes to the country’s West are preparing for long-term internal displacement. Many who have returned to liberated areas around the capital, Kyiv, are struggling to rebuild their lives, having run out of money or found their homes reduced to rubble.
WFP is quickly scaling up to support 4.7 million people per month inside Ukraine, using a flexible mix of food and cash assistance. We support people wherever they are, including in areas close to the front line.
This is an opportunity for an exciting and challenging role in a multicultural, hardworking, fun and interdisciplinary team. In addition, we offer:
Meaningful and impactful careers:
Our day-to-day work makes a difference in the lives of the people we serve
Continuous learning and training:
We provide learning tools for our staff to continually develop their careers
Multicultural and stimulating work environment:
We encourage gender and cultural diversity to make our teams stronger
Join us to make a difference in Ukraine, watch this video to learn more about us!!
How can you make a difference?
1. Support staff in WFP Dnipro Office and CO to ensure that standard OIM & PR procedures and templates are followed to drive the quality, consistency and standardisation of information management and performance reporting across WFP.
2. Collate relevant information and data from media and local internal and external sources to facilitate and maximize the exchange of information and data flow between functional area networks in WFP, to provide operational awareness and understanding of events that may have humanitarian and/or operational impact.
3. Support the collation and dissemination of political and humanitarian analysis pertaining to WFP current or future responses and donor policies, trends and preferences to ensure country specific input to WFP’s operational reporting.
4. Implement country specific communication work plans designed to maintain and enhance the visibility and reputation of WFP, as well as support fundraising activities, ensuring alignment with overall communications and WFP strategies.
5. Contribute to communications through good research, analysis of assigned area of work and timely preparation and distribution of information products to target audience(s).
6. Maintain a contact list of journalists and media outlets and support the flow of news/information about WFP’s work to the media, in order to support regular and appropriate communications. Support the social media plan by developing social media content, and utilising platforms, networks and partners to enhance coverage and support of WFP’s activities.
7. Generate donor specific visibility content including, text, photos, videos and audio for use across a range of integrated online platforms, in order to support global and country fund-raising activities, ensuring consistency with corporate messages.
8. Monitor and analyse traditional and social media to inform the development and/or evaluation of communication activities and strategies.
9. Any other related tasks.
To join us in saving lives, changing lives, you will have for...
Advanced University degree in Journalism, International Relations, Public Relations, Communications or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years
of related work experience and/or trainings/ courses.
At least one year or more of postgraduate professional experience in a relevant field of work, with a background and interest in international humanitarian development. Proven experience in utilising specialist communications and reporting techniques to enhance functional outputs.
General knowledge of information management and communication best practices, techniques and processes with some understanding of the basic theoretical background.
Strong written and oral communication skills, including substantive analysis and report writing skills.
Ability to produce good communication materials in the benefit of WFP's implemented programme.
Languages: Advanced English and Ukrainian level is required; other UN official language is an asset.
Before you apply...
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting an inclusive work environment in which diversity is valued and where no form of discrimination is tolerated. We aim to achieve parity in our teams in Ukraine. Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply. CV and cover letter must be submitted in English language.
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
Job Title: Reporting and Communication Officer
Type of Contract: Service Contract
Unit / Division: Programme Unit / WFP Ukraine
Duty Station: Dnipro
Duration: 12 months (renewable)
Closing date: Thursday 26 January, midnight (Ukraine Time)