Ця вакансія вже завершена
GlobalLogic is inviting an Product Support Engineer to join our engineering team.
Our customer is a dynamic, growth-oriented company serving an exponentially growing industry.
Customer provides professional grade fixed wireless broadband and microwave solutions for customers around the world. Solutions are deployed in thousands of networks in over 153 countries, with our innovative technologies providing reliable, secure, cost-effective connectivity that's easy to deploy and proven to deliver outstanding metrics.
Our customer has few development centers: Rolling Meadows, IL, USA and Ashburton, Devon, UK.
A Product Support Engineer (PSE) will be part of a world-class, highly motivated, highly skilled team of Technical Support Engineers (TSE) who are committed to support carrier grade wireless equipment and Management System to customers in various verticals starting from WISP to federal governments. This person would have to become part of the engineering team and partner with the engineering team to drive software fixes and solutions to complex issue.
- BS/MS degree in a technical discipline (Radio/Electrical/Computer Engineering or Telecommunications)
- Minimum of 1+ years of industry experience supporting real-world products or systems
- Understanding of RF architecture and radio-wave propagation (MCS, Power Control, RF link budget calculation)
- Experience in Linux/Network administration
- Understanding and knowledge of L2/L3 networking standards
- Willingness / ability to travel occasionally for customer visits, trainings, etc.
- Ability to multi-task between two or more projects and perform these tasks with velocity
- Upper-Intermediate level of English
- Experience in wireless communications industry (fixed narrowband, broadband, cellular and/or software-defined radio experience is a big plus)
- Understanding of radio-link parameters (SNR, CINR, RSSI, NF)
- Knowledge of digital transmission systems and modulation techniques (MIMO, OFDM, QAM, QPSK and BPSK)
- Knowledge of wireless RF equipment and tools (Network Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Generators and Arbitrary Waveform Generators)
- Experience in the wireless network system test (MAC layer protocols, Security protocols, 802.3 / 802.1 standards,
- Knowledge of traffic testing techniques and tools (IXIA/JDSU/Wireshark/Iperf)
- Experience with the following tools: TestRail, Jenkins, Jira
- Ability to develop troubleshooting guides and to effectively mentor as well as learn from team members
- Ability to interface with end customers and operators in training, assisting and troubleshoot product deployments
- Logical mind-set which is essential for efficient debugging of product defects and reported issues
- Good logical communication skills, both verbal and written
- Self-motivated personality and ability to work independently as well as on a team
- Support a series of narrowband and/or broadband outdoor and indoor wireless products and systems
- Analysis of technical requirements and published standards in order to debug customer reported issues
- Reproduce customer reported issues in a laboratory environment
- Formal testing involving test specification, execution, result capture and analysis
- Isolate, reproduce, track and verify bugs
- Timely and accurate reporting of work activity status and issues
- Evaluate RF performance of customer networks to better resolve customer reported issues
- Interface with customers, particularly with high priority escalations.
What Do We Offer?
We create an environment where everyone can fully realize their talents, freely share knowledge and experience, and create truly important things. Happy people create revolutionary products. We believe that we are able to change the world for the better — and we, as a company, help our specialists grow and be truly happy!
Various types of cooperation - comfortable office or remote collaboration from home , opportunities for relocation - all depend on your preferences. We will support you at every stage of these processes and do our best to help you feel comfortable!
Support of health and sports activities
We care about the physical and mental health of all specialists. Every specialist can choose the most relevant option for themselves:
Medical Insurance - our partners provide our consultants with special health insurance packages, which include both doctor's visits and massage courses. Also, our specialists have special conditions for special insurance for loved ones, insurance during travel, and transport insurance.
Wellbeing Deposit - this deposit allows you to buy sports equipment for the home and uniform, go to the gym, etc. It is also possible to visit a psychologist, attend massages and spa treatments, and even subscribe to fitness applications for a mobile phone or online training related to physical and mental health.
Learning and professional development
You'll collaborate with — and learn from — award-winning designers and engineers through customer projects, hackathons, meetups, and more. Listen to the top speakers or be one of them - it's up to you! Moreover, we have various internal courses, programs, and opportunities to boost your skills.
Create more than just a code. Make an impact beyond the code
In today's world, software engineers create a better future for people and the planet. GlobalLogic's experts are contributing to this world right now in various projects: automotive, media, industrial, and healthcare.
Sustainability and Social Responsibility
We positively impact our communities by supporting education, the environment, and developing women in tech.
For example, learn more about our EcoHike — a special app that makes the world cleaner! Not only our engineers, but tourists, eco-activists, and hiking fans are using it regularly to keep our nature clean and vital.
Realize all your ideas within our internal tech clubs and communities. Feel free to find new friends, boost your skills, and grow professionally!