Health Field Officer – Dnipro – 815608
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral, and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. The ICRC is mandated to work in countries affected by armed conflict or other situations of violence. The ICRC is present in over 100
In 2014, the ICRC expanded its presence in Ukraine. We have over 900 staff working across the county in various professional fields.
About the job
The ICRC Health Department is recruiting a Health Field Officer based in its Dnipro office. In close cooperation with the team members and line managers, the Health Field Officer will be responsible for planning, implementing, monitoring, and reporting on the ICRC health activities.
This is a short-term appointment with a duration of approximately six months.
Start date: As soon as possible, preferably by 01 January 2023
Your Tasks and Responsibilities
- Implement health activities and programs as per ICRC objectives and procedures
- Assist in designing operational strategies and planning the health programs at local facility and national levels
- Conduct assessments and regular visits to monitor activities and health-related threats to the populations
- Ensure proper management of information collected
- Participate in the analysis of and reflection on the overall health situation
- Contribute to realistic project proposals in line with the ICRC objectives
- Interpret in meetings and help translate documents into local languages
- Liaise and build networks with local stakeholders to facilitate communication on and coordination of activities, and represent the ICRC with national authorities
- Collaborate closely with the logistics team
What we offer you
- Employment contract according to Ukrainian labor law
- Flexible working arrangements
- Annual paid 20 working days' vacation
- Competitive salary based on your qualifications and experience between UAH 50,000 and UAH 70,000
- Medical insurance for employees and family
- ICRC Institutional training
- Individual development covered by ICRC
- Foreign language courses
- Convenient office location in the city center
To be successful as a Health Field Officer in the Health Department, you should possess the following qualifications and experiences and have the following characteristics:
- Ukrainian citizenship or permanent residence permit in Ukraine
- Degree in medicine or nursing
- License/certificate to practice in Ukraine
- 5 to 6 years’ work experience (including two years of clinical experience).
- At least 3 years of humanitarian experience
- Excellent connections with local health authorities and groups of interest for the ICRC is desirable
- Excellent knowledge of the assigned geographic area is an asset
- Proven program management skills and team-building competencies
- Self-motivated with a strong commitment to teamwork and humanitarian principles
- Flexible, enthusiastic, and willing to learn
- Ability to work independently, as well as effectively under supervision
- Confidence in managing projects and staff
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work within a diverse team and establish and maintain good working relations in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural, and multi-disciplinary environment
Interested? Yes? Then apply.
Please submit your English CV, along with your motivation letter and salary expectations, to the attention of the ICRC People and Culture Team. Please label your CV with your first and last names (First Name LAST NAME).
In addition, please complete the compulsory ICRC questionnaire. The questionnaire is available through the following link: https://forms.office.com/e/APw3dvQMHJ.
(Click on the link or copy the link into your internet browser.)
Your application will be considered only once you have completed the ICRC questionnaire and uploaded your CV in English.
Application deadline: 03 December 2023
Only candidates meeting the abovementioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interviews. The ICRC reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the deadline.
ICRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer giving the highest priority to staff safety and security.
Qualified female and male candidates are encouraged to apply for the position. For more information, visit the website: http://www.icrc.org/.
International Committee of the Red Cross Перевірена
Join the ICRC. Visit us on http://www.icrc.org/
більше 500 співробітників
з 1863 року на ринку
- Курси іноземної мови
- Офіс у центрі
- Медичне страхування
- Регулярний перегляд зарплати
- Офіційне працевлаштування згідно КЗпП України