Ця вакансія вже завершена
Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist for the project Support for Structural Change in Ukrainian Coal Regions
Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) in Ukraine is seeking qualified professionals for the project Support for Structural Change in Ukrainian Coal Regions to fill the position of
Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist (full-time, Kyiv)
The aim of the project "Support for Structural Change in Ukrainian Coal Regions" is to ensure that Ukraine carries out the structural change associated with the coal phase-out in a socially and economically compatible and ecologically sustainable manner.
In light of the war in Ukraine, the project currently focuses on reconstruction and recovery efforts in the Ukrainian energy sector and supports Western coal regions in their efforts to host internally displaced persons.
In the upcoming decade, unprofitable state-owned coal mines will be seizing its operations. This poses major social and economic challenges for the coal regions. The structural change needed to overcome them, based on the concepts of Just Transition and Green Recovery, can provide new impetus for the development and growth in the affected regions, and beyond. Decarbonization of the economy also makes a significant contribution to Ukraine's ability to raise its level of ambition in the context of global climate protection.
Area of responsibilities
- Liaise with team leaders and the whole project team (> 25 staff) to maintain an overview of ongoing activities and project progress.
- Support the project team in implementing activities in accordance with project indicators, and in line with monitoring and reporting requirements.
- Develop and maintain a wholistic system for tracking of project progress and indicators.
- Collaborate with grant recipients to include them into monitoring and reporting efforts.
- Participate in GIZ processes relating to communication of our works impact and storytelling, follow company-wide processes and trends with respect to evaluation.
- Track the performance of the project activities and outputs against expected results and adjust implementation processes to ensure the project is progressing towards the intended outcomes.
- Participate in events and consultation rounds organized by the project, internal team meetings as well as meetings with external partners (Ukrainian governmental partners on national and local level; civil society actors).
- In consultation with Programme Manager and team develop a Monitoring and Evaluation framework and plans, define project indicators, prioritize, and sequence the implementation of project activities ensuring that the activities result in outputs and outcome.
- Coordinate progress of project activities and outputs within the project to ensure synergies within components.
- Design and implement a monitoring mechanism to monitor and ensure the timely implementation of all activities under each component of project including development of performance indicators and success criteria for each field of actions.
- Reviewing project reports, activity implementation reports, meet with communities and beneficiaries and engaging in communications with project stakeholders, beneficiaries, grant recipients and local communities to support Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Prepare briefings and documents about project progress and impacts for a multitude of target groups, including Ukrainian and German ministries.
- Inform management of the project about risks and issues arising within or outside the project that are relevant to any of the project fields of action.
- Coordinate with team leaders from different project field of the actions implementation of activities and participate in events organized project.
- Ensure accurate and timely collection of project data.
- Work with the regional teams to ensure that project indicators are tracked through regular field visits.
- Work with the PR and Communication team to guarantee the project is developing towards the defined outcomes.
- Provide feedback to the Management on project strategies and activities.
- Support liaison with all relevant partners to determine level effectiveness of the activities and fields of action of the project.
- Closely work with project staff in building their capacity in all areas related to the management and regular monitoring and evaluation of their own activities.
- MA/MSc in Economics, Political Science, Social Sciences, Business Administration, or related field.
- At least 4 years professional experience in the project implementation, business administration, monitoring and evaluation or related field.
- Experience with international development cooperation, ideally in the design and implementation of M&E in development projects implemented by national/international NGOs/UN bodies/ Government.
- Interest in current coal transformation agenda.
- High proficiency in written and spoken English. German knowledge should be aspired if not yet existent.
- High political sensitivity and inter-personal skills, capacity to coordinate and communicate with political actors on different hierarchical levels maneuver activities and mediate interests in a complex political context.
- Proficient use of MS Office Package.
- Ability to self-responsibly organize and implement assigned work and responsibilities.
- Ability to prioritize tasks independently with possible time constraints and workload.
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment.
- Ability to get well on with others and be a team player.
- Goal orientation combined with a high level of stress tolerance.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed.
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work, improve performance and satisfaction.
- Customer and service-oriented attitude.
Full-time position with 40-hours working week. Place of assignment is Kyiv. The assignment starts as soon as possible.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
Application comprising of the candidate's CV and a cover letter in the English language explaining the motivation to apply for the job is to be sent until COB 22 September 2022, Thursday.
By sending the application the candidate gives the consent for the personal data processing for recruitment processes solely.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stages of the recruitment process.