Эта вакансия уже завершена
Deputy Program Director - Technical/Заступник (-ця) програмного директора з технічних питань
Global Communities is implementing the 18-month, Community-Led Emergency Action and Response (CLEAR) program with support from the United States Agency for International Development’s Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (USAID/BHA) to respond to humanitarian needs in Ukraine. The program is designed with the goal of saving lives, reducing suffering, and addressing needs while supporting communities to lead their own response.
CLEAR program focuses on 23 communities Chernivtsi and Chernihiv Oblasts, and work with local CSO partners based on the rapid needs assessment conducted during co-creation. However, the emphasis is on communities outside of major city centers that are underserved by the international response. This marries a needs-based response with our unique ready access to more remote communities and existing partnerships there for an efficient response. Activities are in line with priorities of the Ukraine Humanitarian Appeal and the Ukrainian government, and all assistance will be aligned with relevant Cluster guidance and Sphere and other standards.
The Deputy Program Director – Technical reports to the Program Director and oversees the delivery of humanitarian assistance programming. The position is responsible for ensuring all project activities are implemented at a high quality, on time, within budget and in compliance with organizational policies and procedures. This position supports the development of the strategy and approaches of humanitarian programming. The Deputy Program Director will provide leadership and technical support to a multi-sector, locally led portfolio including protection, shelter/NFI, WASH and cash interventions in support of IDPs and war affected populations in Ukraine.
The Deputy Program Director - Technical is responsible for the management of technical staff and technical aspects of program implementation and will work in close collaboration with partnership, MEL, finance, procurement, logistics and security teams to ensure compliant and safe delivery of programming. This position is also accountable for organizational participation in relevant clusters and working groups, capacity development and technical support to partners in cooperation with the partnership team and ensuring learning and adaptive management in the portfolio.
Responsibility Area: Leadership, Management, Representation, Coordination, and Advocacy
- In collaboration with the Program Director and other key stakeholders, oversee the development and implementation of the Global Communities -Ukraine program strategy for humanitarian assistance.
- Manage, coach and mentor a team of program management, partnership management and technical staff.
- In collaboration with CLEAR leadership identify issues for communications and advocacy priorities.
- Represent Global Communities at relevant cluster/sector working group meetings as appropriate in the assigned region.
- Contribute to an organizational culture of safeguarding and a safe working environment.
Responsibility Area: Partnership Coordination, Program Management and Development
- Oversee the delivery of all humanitarian programs to scope, budget and time and in compliance with organizational and donor rules and regulations; support the Program Director in the development and maintenance of standard project and budget management tools (workplans, detailed implementation plans, reviewing budgets vs. actuals).
- Coordinate closely with partnership, monitoring and evaluation (M&E), finance, operations and access and safety teams to ensure the safe, efficient, and effective delivery of activities in assigned region.
- Support the Program Director to incorporate lessons learned and program procedures into updated SOPs to ensure safe and accountable programming for war affected populations.
- Support the Program Director to strengthen country office procedures and policies as necessary for effective program implementation.
- Support the management of partners in working closely with the partnership management team and ensuring standardized approaches for assessments, capacity development and monitoring, evaluation and learning of partner led programming and ensuring technical and operational support to partners in assigned region.
- Ensure programs are implemented in line with Global Communities’ Safeguarding Framework and international standards in assigned region.
Responsibility Area: Technical Support
- Provide or ensure technical support and quality oversight of program and partners in protection, shelter/NFI, WASH, protection, cash distributions, monitoring and reporting, evaluation, accountability and learning in assigned region.
- Facilitate and ensure regular sectoral coordination meetings, information sharing and learning between relevant departments.
- Ensure consistency across assigned region and throughout Ukraine programs in program design and implementation methods to ensure minimum standards related to quality, safety and accountability.
- Provide mentoring support to program and MEL Managers and partner organizations where required.
Responsibility Area: Reporting and Knowledge Management
- Support the Program Director to ensure the accuracy, quality and timely delivery of all required internal and external reporting, including review and/or support in preparation of bi-weekly/monthly/quarterly program reports, and success stories as required.
A bachelor’s/master’s degree in the relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years of related work experience.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a project management role and experience working in emergency, conflict, post-conflict, or post-disaster settings.
- Prior experience working on USAID (incl BHA), UN or other donor funded programs preferred.
- Technical experience in one or more of the following sectors/areas: protection, shelter/NFI, cash, civil society and governance strengthening required.
- Experience managing partnerships or locally led projects (through small and large grants), including overseeing capacity assessments, capacity development plans and co-creation with local partners preferred.
- Demonstrated experience managing large teams and utilizing coaching and mentorship techniques preferred.
- Fluency in English and Ukrainian required.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced, demanding environment, often working under pressure in insecure environments.
- Ability to process information and synthesize for key decision- makers.
- Knowledge of partnership management best practices, including working with local NGOs, CSOs or national response mechanisms.
- Strong cross cultural communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and representational skills.
- Knowledge of humanitarian response coordination architecture, mechanisms and standards.
- Strong analytical skills, including ability to gather and analyze information and develop recommendations for action.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically as well as create and implement effective processes, tools, systems and policies.
- A passion for the mission and values of Global Communities, and a commitment to equity and justice.
Interested candidates are asked to send CVs and Cover letters to Отправить резюме as soon as possible, indicating position title in the subject line. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. Position is open until filled.
Global Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability.