World Vision International (WVI)—a leading international non-governmental organization—is looking for Communications Manager
World Vision’s focus is helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith. Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Join a highly motivated team of world-class international and local humanitarian professionals to establish, build, and grow World Vision’s presence in Ukraine. You will work alongside global professionals, improving your knowledge, skills, and abilities in a multinational organization that will prepare you for work in the world’s best-in-class companies in the future.
- Masters in the field of journalism, communications or public relations or other relevant field.
- At least 3-5 years of work experience in journalism and communications-related work; advocacy experience a plus.
- Work experience in managing media, communications and public engagement strategies in the NGO or private sector.
- Experience in media relations, public speaking or/and serving as a spokesperson.
- Demonstrated ability to think and plan strategically, manage projects and events, and able to meet deadlines.
- Previous management of digital platforms, experience in online and social media communications.
- Demonstrated experience leading effective digital communications, and an understanding of relevant tools and trends
- Experience developing messaging and key communications products.
- Experience in content collection and/or coaching and support of content creators
- Copy editing, writing, photography, and video skills preferred.
- Experience using Adobe Creative Cloud, including InDesign, Premiere Pro, and LightRoom.
- English language fluency
- Willingness to travel 40% of the time
Strategy and Operations
- With the support of Communication Director, the Manager leads and executes an integrated Ukraine Country Response Communications Strategy to build World Vision’s reputation and strengthen the brand with key audiences.
- Manages the delivery of high-quality, child-focused content/multi-media packages to meet World Vision’s priority audience needs, including advocacy, external engagement, grant acquisition and other resource development activities
- Ensures that national digital platforms reflect the World Vision brand and strategy, showcasing high-quality and compelling narrative and visuals, and increase engagement from target audiences
- Collaborate with the Communications Director and Ukraine Country Response Director on key integrated deliverables for agile communication and in alignment with the fragile context strategy.
- Closely working with the Advocacy Advisor, advances communications work around the global campaign It Takes A World to End Violence Against Children, agreed Global Moments, and key joint global engagement initiatives
- Engages media at the national level and provides messaging as needed, in coordination with the Communications Director and the Ukraine Country Response Director; Maximises positioning opportunities with targeted outlets, serving as a spokesperson for World Vision and developing other spokespersons.
- Develops and maintains excellent working relationships with external stakeholders including the government, key UN and NGO partners, policy makers and audiences for coordination, positioning and enhancing World Vision’s influence and impact.
- Develop and maintain media contacts, pitch compelling content and position and/or represent World Vision in influential media outlets in the national and international domain on issues related to development, advocacy and campaign.
- Monitor, assess and apply knowledge of movement in industries and agendas relevant to traditional and social media, digital sphere, and humanitarian work and donor trends.
- Performance manages a team of communicators, empowering and equipping them to deliver a focused portfolio of first-class content, media and engagement work covering development, humanitarian affairs and advocacy ministry that supports income and influence goals.
- Ensures team is inspired, is high performing and continuously developing, delivering on strategic priorities.
- Champions team members and support them in their work and career growth.
- Enhances and protects World Vision’s brand, partners, and communities by identifying and addressing risk issues that might damage stakeholders’ perception of World Vision and partners.
- Full-time in office presence
- Official employment according to Ukrainian labour law
- Medical insurance
- Foreign language courses
- WVI Institutional trainings
- Travel up to 40% is likely
- Only candidates with Ukrainian citizenship or authorization to work in Ukraine will be considered
- Submit resume and cover letter IN ENGLISH
- Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis and this position may close sooner than anticipated