Эта вакансия уже завершена
Copywriter for the Agency for Restoration and Infrastructure Development of Ukraine
Chemonics International Inc.
SCOPE OF WORK
USAID Transformation Communications Activity
Scope of Work for the Copywriter for the Agency for Restoration and Infrastructure Development of Ukraine
Job Title: Copywriter for the Agency for Restoration and Infrastructure Development of Ukraine
Estimated Period of Performance/Level of Effort: 13 months (up to 40 hours per week within 13 months)
In January 2023, the Government of Ukraine established the State Agency for Restoration and Development of Infrastructure (hereinafter referred to as “the SARDI” or “the Agency”). The SARDI has been tasked with ensuring the efficient and transparent implementation of projects aimed at the country's current rapid recovery and future post-war reconstruction.
The Agency was created by merging the State Agency of Highways of Ukraine (Ukravtodor) and the State Agency of Infrastructure Projects. Both agencies have a history of construction projects, primarily focused on building roads, bridges, and other infrastructure projects. However, the mission and scope of the newly created agency include not only transport infrastructure but also critical infrastructure, energy infrastructure, housing, and social infrastructure. At the same time, the Agency's staff currently only consists of 190 positions, in contrast to the former Ukravtodor's (State Agency of Highways of Ukraine ) 172 positions. This creates enormous pressure and challenges for the Agency’s team. The government has officially announced that Ukraine plans to invest at least UAH 110 billion of its own resources to support infrastructure restoration in 2023, and plans to raise six times that amount from the international community for other vital recovery projects (including housing and essential social infrastructure).
Given the challenges mentioned above, it is necessary to strengthen the capacity of the newly created agency to ensure efficient, effective, and transparent spending of the above-mentioned funds and to obtain quick and high-quality results in the restoration process with the help of a team of experienced and knowledgeable experts. For this purpose, the Capacity Building Office (hereinafter referred to as “the CBO” “the Office”) has been established under the Head of the Agency. The Office is an Advisory Body consisting of independent experts who provide their knowledge and support, develop policies, conduct analysis and oversight, and support the implementation of projects on the ground on a day-to-day basis. The Office comprises five key sectors: Integrity and Anti-Corruption, Procurement, Communications, Organizational Development, and Projects Implementation Unit.
The key tasks of the Communications Unit include ensuring public control over the Agency’s activities, establishing transparent communication with stakeholders, civil society, and the broader public, ensuring timely publication, and providing access of society to all the relevant information about Agency’s activities. In order to complete the above-mentioned tasks and ensure that the Agency’s messaging is consistent and effective across all channels, the proper copywriters need to be engaged.
- Creating written content in Ukrainian language for various mediums, including press releases, brochures, newsletters, and social media posts.
- Conducting research to gather relevant information and data to support the Agency's messages.
- Collaborating with other Agency professionals to produce cohesive and effective communication materials.
- Editing and proofreading written materials to ensure accuracy, consistency, and adherence to style guidelines.
- Adapting the Agency's messages for different audiences, such as policymakers, stakeholders, and the general public.
Reporting and TCA Support:
- Plan working hours according to Ukrainian legislation and report on results to TCA weekly and monthly.
- Provide written reports on a monthly and as-requested basis on the progress of their work within the Agency.
- Support USAID Transformation Communications Activity (TCA) in developing and strengthening established partnerships with the Agency for Restoration and Infrastructure Development of Ukraine.
- High-quality, engaging, and persuasive written materials effectively communicating the desired messages to the target audience.
- Standards and recommendations for editing and proofreading of materials to ensure accuracy, grammar, and spelling are correct.
- Final reports to the Agency and TCA which includes best practices of one year, lessons learned, recommendation for the next two months after the end of the contract.
- Education: a master’s degree (degree in Linguistics, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, or a related field is preferred);
- Experience: at least 3 years of experience in copywriting, preferably in a governmental sector.
- Languages: Fluency in written and oral Ukrainian.
- Upper intermediate English writing and speaking.
- Skills: Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Creativity: the ability to come up with original ideas and concepts.
- Attention to detail: meticulous in writing and proofreading.
- Time management: the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines is crucial.
To apply, please submit your application via the following link no later than June 15, 2023. https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/6116f86e2e7d442f96cc45447742b1d6
Please complete the required information and upload your cover letter and CV for consideration. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.