Эта вакансия уже завершена
Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) in Ukraine is seeking qualified professionals for the project Support for Structural Change in Ukrainian Coal Regions to fill the position of
Advisor on Just Transition (full-time, Chervonohrad)
(internal SAP code: Urban and Regional Development Advisor)
The aim of the project "Support for Structural Change in Ukrainian Coal Regions" is to ensure that Ukraine carries out the structural change associated with the coal phase-out in a socially and economically compatible and ecologically sustainable manner.
In the upcoming decade, unprofitable state-owned coal mines will be seizing its operations. This poses major social and economic challenges for the coal regions. The structural change needed to overcome them, based on the concepts of Just Transition and Green Recovery, can provide new impetus for the development and growth in the affected regions, and beyond. Decarbonization of the economy also makes a significant contribution to Ukraine's ability to raise its level of ambition in the context of global climate protection.
In light of the war in Ukraine, the project currently focuses on reconstruction and recovery efforts in the Ukrainian energy sector and supports Western coal regions in their efforts to host internally displaced persons.
- Working in close cooperation with the Head of the Regional office and project team working for the field of action: Pilot Projects / Support to regional, and local institutions in coal regions.
- Maintaining regular contacts and good working relations with different stakeholders on the regional level.
- Work with city councils in preparing regional information and dialogue events to ensure sufficient local participation in the pilot regions, as well as the integration of other sites and municipalities.
- Exchange with the local team leader of another regional office.
- Support the overall knowledge and data management of the Project Regional Office, including the identification and collection of good practices and success stories and shares the information in the respective field for public awareness raising, visibility and communication purposes.
- Engage in the operational planning, priorities and activities of the team, together with the Head of Component and other team members.
- Ensuring result-based monitoring and reporting of the Regional Office activities and events, achievements and ongoing cooperation with partners.
- Ensuring operational procedures within the Regional Office as well as the application of GIZ standards and rules in all processes concerning procurement, contracts, financial management, communications and visibility, integrity, monitoring, reporting, HR, filing of documents in DMS, DMI, etc.
- Providing support to international and local experts during their field visits.
- Providing consultation to regional experts.
- Working in close cooperation with Advisor on Regional development and project team working for the field of action: Pilot Projects / Support to regional, local institutions in coal regions.
- Ideally, BA/MSc in the field of administration, economics, law or other relevant fields.
- At least 5 years of working experience in energy sector, ideally with knowledge about coal and extracting industries.
- Experience in administration at municipal or regional level is an asset.
- Good knowledge of English; Ukrainian native level required; knowledge of German is an asset.
- Work experience with international organizations is an asset.
- Good project management skills.
- Strong cooperation and negotiation skills.
- Understanding of the specific set-up, its actors and political environment of the respective region.
- Official employment.
- Salary fixed in EUR, performance-related bonuses and 13th salary.
- Medical insurance, 29 vacation days annually.
- Language classes, hard and soft skills trainings.
- Individual and group psychological support.
- Possible remote and flexible work.
- Meaningful and valuable work, international environment.
Full-time position with 40-hours working week. Place of assignment is Chervonohrad, Lviv region. The assignment starts as soon as possible. Contract duration is 1 year.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
Application comprising of the candidate's CV and a cover letter in the English language explaining the motivation to apply for the job is to be sent until COB 09 June 2023, Friday.
By sending the application the candidate gives the consent for the personal data processing for recruitment processes solely.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stages of the recruitment process.