Water and Habitat Engineer (Electrical) – Odesa – 868203
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral, and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. The ICRC is mandated to work in countries affected by armed conflict or other situations of violence. The ICRC is present in over 100 countries and has some 20,000 staff.
In 2014, the ICRC expanded its presence in Ukraine. We have over 900 staff working across the county in various professional fields.
About the job
The ICRC Water and Habitat Department recruits a Water and Habitat Engineer to be based in its Odesa office with frequent travel to Mykolaiv and Kherson regions. In close cooperation with the team members and with external stakeholders, and with the guidance from the line manager, the WatHab Engineer will be designing and implementing engineering projects within the scope of the ICRC’s infrastructure assistance objectives. In addition, the WatHab Engineer is responsible to monitor on-site works, carries out needs assessment and surveys, and provides regular reports and updates.
Start date: as soon as possible
Your Tasks and Responsibilities
- Prepare technical documentation for engineering projects mainly in the energy sector and in approved formats
- Monitor project implementation for compliance with the project documentation and in line with the ICRC and local building codes/standards, ensuring corrective action is taken when needed
- Act as the focal point in relationship with central and local authorities of the power sector, namely Electrical Utility Companies “Oblenergo” and the Heating Companies
- Liaise with and support project managers in formulation of needs for power in facilities and/or buildings targeted for assessment, rehabilitation, or implementation
- Collect information and data to support initial description and diagnosis of existing low and medium voltage power systems
- Determine existing systems’ capacity and their ability to sustain the projected power needs, and identify and describe the gaps to be addressed
- Identify the needs through assessments and surveys and formulate appropriate technical options to develop electrical power systems
- Carry out capacity building and maintain contacts with authorities and communities
- Supervise consultants and/or contractors working on studies and/or project sites
- Conduct quality control of acquired material and installed infrastructure
What we offer you
- Employment contract according to Ukrainian labor law
- Flexible working arrangements
- Annual paid 20 working days' vacation
- Competitive salary based on your qualifications/experience between UAH 50,000 and 70,000
- Medical insurance for employees and family
- ICRC Institutional training
- Individual development covered by ICRC
- Foreign language courses
- Convenient office location in the city center
To be successful as a Water and Habitat Engineer in the Water and Habitat Department, you should possess the following qualifications and experiences and have the following characteristics:
- Ukrainian citizenship or permanent residence permit in Ukraine
- University degree in electrical or electromechanical engineering
- Additional university certificate in a related field is an asset
- At least 3-5 years of professional experience in a related field of activity e.g., power generation, transmission, distribution, electrical networks design, and/or rehabilitation
- Excellent command of Ukrainian and Russian (spoken and written)
- Good level of English
- Proficient in use of CAD software, electrical design software, Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of project management is an asset
- Self-motivated with a strong commitment to teamwork and humanitarian principles
- Flexible, enthusiastic, and willing to learn
- Ability to work independently, as well as effectively under supervision
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work within a diverse team and establish and maintain good working relations in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural, and multi-disciplinary environment
Interested? Yes? Then apply.
Please submit your CV in English, along with your motivation letter and salary expectations, to the attention of the ICRC People and Culture Team. Please label your CV with your first and last names (First Name LAST NAME).
In addition, please complete the compulsory ICRC questionnaire. The questionnaire is available through the following link: https://forms.office.com/e/APw3dvQMHJ.
(Click on the link or copy the link into your internet browser.)
Your application will be considered only once you have completed the ICRC questionnaire and uploaded your CV in English.
Application deadline: 17 December 2023
Only candidates meeting the abovementioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interviews. The ICRC reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
ICRC is Equal Opportunity Employer giving the highest priority to staff safety and security. Qualified female and male candidates are encouraged to apply for the position. For more information, visit the website: http://www.icrc.org/
International Committee of the Red Cross Перевірена
Join the ICRC. Visit us on http://www.icrc.org/
більше 500 співробітників
з 1863 року на ринку
- Курси іноземної мови
- Офіс у центрі
- Медичне страхування
- Регулярний перегляд зарплати
- Офіційне працевлаштування згідно КЗпП України