Weapon Contamination (WeC) Field Officer (фахівець відділу з питань збройної небезпеки) – Dnipro – 868260
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral, and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. The ICRC is mandated to work in countries affected by armed conflict or other situations of violence. The ICRC is present in over 100 countries and has some 20,000 staff. In 2014, the ICRC expanded its presence in Ukraine. We have over 900 staff working across the county in various professional fields.
About the job
The ICRC Weapon Contamination (WeC) Department is recruiting a WeC Field Officer based in its Dnipro office. In close cooperation with the team members and line managers, the WeC Field Officer will be responsible for the implementation, support, and monitoring of weapon contamination activities. The WeC Field Officer contributes directly to ensuring ICRC staff safety and the continuation of ICRC operations, helping vulnerable people, and supporting the Ukrainian Red Cross Society (URCS) within their activities in weapon contamination.
Start date: As soon as possible, preferable by 01 January 2024
Your Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assist in implementing weapon contamination activities.
- Contribute to assessing, analyzing, and communicating the security, socio-economic, cultural, and political environment as relevant to the ICRC, including awareness raising
- Contribute to building the capacity of the national authorities and the URCS
- Contribute written reporting on WeC activities.
- Develop and maintain contacts with the authorities at local level
- Report events and changes that could have an impact on the ICRC's activities, thereby providing sound elements that help the delegation to set objectives and priorities
- Replace the line management and represent the ICRC WeC programme in internal and external meetings
- Translate/interpret as required
What we offer you
- Employment contract according to Ukrainian labor law
- Flexible working arrangements
- Annual paid 20 working days' vacation
- Competitive salary based on your qualifications and experience between UAH 50,000 and UAH 70,000
- Medical insurance for employees and family
- ICRC Institutional training
- Individual development covered by ICRC
- Foreign language courses
- Convenient office location in the city center
To be successful as a WEC Field Officer in the Weapon Contamination (WEC) Department, you should possess the following qualifications and experiences and have the following characteristics:
- Ukrainian citizenship or permanent residence permit in Ukraine
- At least 3 years overall professional experience
- 2 years of work experience in WeC/mine action or a similar field
- Academically or professionally proficient in a technical WeC-related subject or pedagogics
- Previous experience with the ICRC or other humanitarian organization desired
- Knowledge of the ICRC/humanitarian work an asset
- Flexible, enthusiastic, and willing to learn
- Ability to work independently, as well as effectively under supervision
- Confidence in managing projects and staff
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work within a diverse team and establish and maintain good working relations in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural, and multi-disciplinary environment
Interested? Yes? Then apply.
Please submit your English CV, along with your motivation letter and salary expectations, to the attention of the ICRC People and Culture Team. Please label your CV with your first and last names (First Name LAST NAME).
In addition, please complete the compulsory ICRC questionnaire. The questionnaire is available through the following link: https://forms.office.com/e/APw3dvQMHJ.
(Click on the link or copy the link into your internet browser.)
Your application will be considered only once you have completed the ICRC questionnaire and uploaded your CV in English.
Application deadline: 10 December 2023
Only candidates meeting the abovementioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interviews. The ICRC reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the deadline.
ICRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer giving the highest priority to staff safety and security.
Qualified female and male candidates are encouraged to apply for the position
International Committee of the Red Cross Перевірена
Join the ICRC. Visit us on http://www.icrc.org/
більше 500 співробітників
з 1863 року на ринку
- Курси іноземної мови
- Офіс у центрі
- Медичне страхування
- Регулярний перегляд зарплати
- Офіційне працевлаштування згідно КЗпП України