Movement Cooperation Specialist – Kyiv – 868454
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral, and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. The ICRC is mandated to work in countries affected by armed conflict or other situations of violence. The ICRC is present in over 100
In 2014, the ICRC expanded its presence in Ukraine. We have over 900 staff working across the county in various professional fields.
About the job
The ICRC Movement Cooperation Department recruits a Movement Cooperation Specialist to be based in its Kyiv office. In close cooperation with the team members and with guidance from the line manager the Movement Cooperation Specialist will be responsible for developing and implementing the delegation's objectives for cooperation with the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (the RC/RC Movement) and particularly the Ukrainian Red Cross Society (URCS). This will be done in line with the ICRC’s Movement policies and the Delegation’s framework agreement with the URCS and other Movement Partners. S/he contributes to the Cooperation Unit’s efforts of partnership management, program management and promoting the ICRC’s co-convener role in the area of responsibility.
Start date: 01 January 2023
Your Tasks and Responsibilities
- Analyze and summarize information relevant to the operational partnership between the ICRC and the National Societies (NS)
- Identify gaps in capacity in the field and propose solutions in line with the global or delegation policy/strategy on Movement cooperation
- Guide the development of joint projects and operational partnership arrangements and enhance the partnership skills of the sub-delegation’s staff
- Ensure that all operational staff within the ICRC are aware of the Movement’s activities in the country and that they integrate that knowledge into their plans and operational strategies
- Facilitate the working and programming of ICRC operational departments with the URCS to ensure a consistent and coherent ICRC approach towards the URCS
- Maintain a comprehensive overview and analysis of the Movement’s activities, capacity, and affairs; assist the line manager in work on the Cooperation file
- Guide other ICRC staff on the ICRC’s position within the Movement, relationship management and coordination activities
- Proactively keep a regular follow up with URCS counterparts aiming at closely monitoring the timely implementation of the ICRC-supported Cooperation programs
- Be responsible for ensuring that the NS provides operational and financial reports on a regular basis and according to established formats and procedures
- Provide training and regular coaching in financial management and reporting to NS staff
- Assist the line manager in coordination with the Movement Partners. Effectively play a role for contributing to the ICRC’s co-convener role in the sub-delegation’s areas of responsibility by keeping a thorough analysis of the RC/RC Movement dynamics
What we offer you
- Employment contract according to Ukrainian labor law
- Flexible working arrangements
- Annual paid 20 working days' vacation
- Competitive salary based on your qualifications and experience between UAH 60,000 and UAH 90,000
- Medical insurance for employees and family
- ICRC Institutional training
- Individual development covered by ICRC
- Foreign language courses
- Convenient office location in the city center
To be successful as a Movement Cooperation Specialist in the Movement Cooperation Department, you should possess the following qualifications and experiences and have the following characteristics:
- Ukrainian citizenship or permanent residence permit in Ukraine
- University degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 6-9 years’ work experience in a field relevant to Movement Cooperation (inside or outside the ICRC) or minimum 3-5 years' experience as Movement Cooperation Officer or international humanitarian work experience with the ICRC or any other Movement Component (NS and/or International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies).
- Excellent command (spoken and written) of English, Ukrainian and Russian
- Computer proficiency
- Self-motivated with a strong commitment to teamwork and humanitarian principles
- Flexible, enthusiastic, and willing to learn
- Ability to work independently, as well as effectively under supervision
- Confidence in managing projects and staff
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work within a diverse team and establish and maintain good working relations in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural, and multi-disciplinary environment
Interested? Yes? Then apply.
Please submit your CV in English, along with your motivation letter and salary expectations, to the attention of the ICRC People and Culture Team. Please label your CV with your first and last names (First Name LAST NAME).
In addition, please complete the compulsory ICRC questionnaire. The questionnaire is available through the following link: https://forms.office.com/e/APw3dvQMHJ. (Click on the link or copy the link into your internet browser.)
Your application will be considered only once you have completed the ICRC questionnaire and uploaded your CV in English.
Application deadline: 03 December 2023
Only candidates meeting the abovementioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interviews. The ICRC reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
ICRC is Equal Opportunity Employer giving the highest priority to staff safety and security.
Qualified female and male candidates are encouraged to apply for the position.
For more information, visit the website: http://www.icrc.org/
International Committee of the Red Cross Перевірена
Join the ICRC. Visit us on http://www.icrc.org/
більше 500 співробітників
з 1863 року на ринку
- Курси іноземної мови
- Офіс у центрі
- Медичне страхування
- Регулярний перегляд зарплати
- Офіційне працевлаштування згідно КЗпП України