MHPSS (Psychologist/Старший психолог/иня) – Dnipro – 815474
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral, and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. The ICRC is mandated to work in countries affected by armed conflict or other situations of violence. The ICRC is present in over 100 countries and has some 20,000 staff.
In 2014, the ICRC expanded its presence in Ukraine. We have over 900 staff working across the county in various professional fields.
About the job
The ICRC Health Department (Mental Health Unit) recruits a Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Field Officer (MHPSS Field Officer / Psychologist) to be based in its Dnipro office. In close cooperation with the team members and line managers, the MHPSS Field Officer will be responsible for the implementation of Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) activities in collaboration with relevant coordinators at the local and national levels, providing support to victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence. In addition, the MHPSS Field Officer trains, supervises and coaches’ others to do so.
Start date: As soon as possible, preferably by January 2024
Your Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement, and follow up on MHPSS activities directly through individual consultations or group support meetings
- Organize referral of beneficiaries and perform case follow-ups
- Set up culturally and context-appropriate monitoring and evaluation tools, and while ensuring regular data collection
- Develop and maintain contacts with health authorities, academia, technical advisers from other organizations, etc. as necessary
- Create and maintain direct links with MHPSS programme beneficiaries
- Train and support MHPSS staff from the ICRC and other organizations/partners/teams as per the programme strategy
What we offer you
- Employment contract according to Ukrainian labor law
- Flexible working arrangements
- Annual paid 20 working days' vacation
- Competitive salary based on your qualifications and experience between UAH 56’000 and UAH 80’000
- Medical insurance for employees and family
- ICRC Institutional training
- Individual development covered by ICRC
- Foreign language courses
- Convenient office location in the city center
To be successful as a Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Field Officer (Psychologist) in the Health Department (Mental Health Unit), you should possess the following qualifications and experiences and have the following characteristics:
- Ukrainian citizenship or permanent residence permit in Ukraine
- University degree in clinical psychology (minimum 3 years’ of university study) or psychiatry (minimum 5 years university study)
- License to practice in Ukraine
- 3 to 5 years of overall professional experience with a minimum 2 years’ experience in MHPSS programmes
- Clinical and/or psychosocial experience
- Humanitarian experience is an asset
- Fluent command of English, Ukrainian, and Russian
- Computer proficiency Self-motivated with a strong commitment to teamwork and humanitarian principles
- Flexible, enthusiastic, and willing to learn
- Ability to work independently, as well as effectively under supervision
- Confidence in managing projects and staff
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work within a diverse team and establish and maintain good working relations in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural, and multi-disciplinary environment
Interested? Yes? Then apply.
Please submit your English CV, along with your motivation letter and salary expectations, to the attention of the ICRC People and Culture Team. Please label your CV with your first and last names (First Name LAST NAME).
In addition, please complete the compulsory ICRC questionnaire. The questionnaire is available through the following link: https://forms.office.com/e/APw3dvQMHJ.
(Click on the link or copy the link into your internet browser.)
Your application will be considered only once you have completed the ICRC questionnaire and uploaded your CV in English.
Application deadline: 03 December 2023
Only candidates meeting the abovementioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interviews. The ICRC reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the deadline.
ICRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer giving the highest priority to staff safety and security.
Qualified female and male candidates are encouraged to apply for the position. For more information, visit the website: http://www.icrc.org/.
International Committee of the Red Cross Перевірена
Join the ICRC. Visit us on http://www.icrc.org/
більше 500 співробітників
з 1863 року на ринку
- Курси іноземної мови
- Офіс у центрі
- Медичне страхування
- Регулярний перегляд зарплати
- Офіційне працевлаштування згідно КЗпП України