Chemonics International Inc., an international development consulting firm, seeks a highly qualified Ukrainian professional for the following long-term position for the USAID Justice for All (J4A) Activity in Ukraine:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Ukrainian partners, including the Verkhovna Rada (Parliament), Ministry of Justice, Supreme Court, High Council of Justice, High Qualifications Commission of Judges, State Judicial Administration, National School of Judges, and Human Rights Ombudsman, in support of legal and judicial reform programs.
- Develop policy papers, analytical reports, and commentaries on a variety of topics related to the justice sector.
- Support institutional capacity building for Ukrainian judicial, governmental and non-governmental partners.
- Assist with designing, implementing and evaluating conferences, workshops and training programs.
- Contribute to public outreach materials, progress reports, and work plans.
- Coordinate activities with other international donors active in the rule of law reform.
- Law degree from a university in Ukraine.
- Five years of legal experience and/or practice of law.
- Previous USAID or other international donor experience preferred.
- Ability to speak and write clearly and effectively in English and Ukrainian required.
- Knowledge of the Ukrainian judicial system preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proven ability to see through tasks set and deliver results.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexibility.
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity, credibility, and commitment to the project’s goals.
Application Instructions: Please send a CV and a brief cover letter in English in the email body to Відправити резюме . Please include the name of the position in the subject line of the application message (Legal Advisor). Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. No telephone inquiries, please. Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: October 5, 2023, 6:00 pm Kyiv Time.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.